Friday, March 4, 2011

ibn batuta meets michael jordan : part 3

so as soon as i cleared customs in Queen Alia International,i tried to contact my dad to get him to cancel the tickets that he got from Amman to Jo'burg,unfortunately,the sim that i had purchased in September 2010,wasn't working,and because i was there so early,non of the kiosks were open for me to find out what was wrong or to even purchase a new sim,anyways,15 minutes later,the Umniah kiosk opened and before even asking the assistant there what was wrong,i started buying a sim,but just when i was about to pay,i don't know what made me ask him if the sim that i already had on me would work,and so it did,so i went to the Zain kiosk,got some units and tried to reach my father but in vain,so i contacted Maame,told her that i had arrived safely and asked her to contact my father which she did.now when my father replied,she was so excited because he had suggested that she refer to him as abba,which is what i call him,Abba..i too was very happy about that,feeling that she had been accepted by my father.i then contacted Michael to let him know where i was and he informed me he was a few minutes away.
10 minutes later,there was michael,with his 'Shukr' hat on,and welcoming smile.i couldnt tell if he was more relieved that i was out of that fix i had been in or that we would be chilling for a few days together,just like the old days.we shared a warm and safe embrace (well it was safe for me) alhumdulillah,something that i really needed.we then took off to the spiritual retreat that God had in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment